435 South Main Street
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Phone: (928) 567-9560
Camp Verde Historical Society
The Camp Verde Historical Society is a museum in downtown Camp Verde that displays exhibits about the early pioneering days of Camp Verde. The museum’s collection includes photographs, artwork and other printed material that touches on the many different groups who have called the area home—soldiers, Indians, town settlers, farmers, miners, mail riders and business owners.
The Camp Verde Historical Society is open only a few hours on Tuesdays and Saturdays and ran by an all-volunteer, non-profit organization. Although it is primarily dedicated to the restoration, preservation, reconstruction, and administration of buildings and sites of historical significance in the Camp Verde area, the society houses archival materials going back to the 1860s and maintains a research library.
The museum also owns and maintains two historic buildings:
Clear Creek Church, which was placed on the National Register of Historic Sites in August 1975. The church is occasionally rented for weddings and loaned for pioneer funerals.
George Hance House, a historic structure built next to the surgeon’s quarters at Fort Verde in 1916-17 for Justice of the Peace, postmaster, notary public and cattleman George Hance. The house is available for viewing by appointment and during Fort Verde celebrations and special activities. It is completely furnished with period furniture and household accessories as well as tools, art, books, clothing and other miscellaneous items.