IF YOUR VEHICLE WAS IMPOUNDED PERTAINING TO ARS 28-3511 AND YOU MEET ONE OF THE CRITERIA BELOW, AND CAN PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS, YOU MAY POSSIBLY QUALIFY TO HAVE YOUR VEHICLE RELEASED EARLY. PLEASE CONTACT THE CAMP VERDE MARSHAL’S OFFICE IN PERSON OR BY TELEPHONE (928-554-8300) TO SCHEDULE A POST IMPOUND HEARING. IMPOUND HEARING WILL BE HELD ON WEDNESDAYS OF EACH WEEK DURING NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS (8:00AM to 4:00 PM). A POST IMPOUND HEARING FEE OF $150 WILL BE IMPOSED FOR EACH HEARING. NO SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE. APPOINTMENTS MUST BE SCHEDULED 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE.
COMMON SITUATIONS WHERE THE VEHICLE MAY BE TOWED AND ARE ELIGIBLE FOR RELEASED:
SUSPENDED/REVOKED/CANCELLED/NO DRIVER’S LICENSE
EXTREME/AGGRAVATED DUI OR DRIVER UNDER 21 WITH ALCOHOL IN SYSTEM
IGNITION INTERLOCK VIOLATION
SITUATIONS THAT QUALIFY FOR EARLY RELEASE
You are the owner/driver and have reinstated your license with the court AND MVD.
If the owner or spouse was not driving, and they can provide all required documents, and sign an Agreement of Operation which basically states they will not allow a driver of their car to violate 28-3511 again within the next year ANYWHERE in the State of Arizona. The Agreement will be explained fully at the time of the release.
The vehicle has not been towed ANYWHERE in the state of Arizona in the past year due to a violation of ARS 28-3511.
If the driver is the car owner and the vehicle was towed due to a Ignition Interlock Violation, they must have a device installed in the vehicle while it is at the tow yard, and they must provide paperwork showing it was installed.
If the owner was NOT the driver, and they do not have an interlock restriction, no installation is required. They can provide all the required documents and sign an Agreement of Operation which basically states they will not allow a driver of their car to violate 28-3511 again within the next year anywhere in the State of Arizona.
REQUIRED DOCUMENT YOU MUST BRING TO THE HEARING
1. Valid driver’s license
2. Current insurance for the impounded vehicle
3. Current registration (dated prior to the date of impound) on the impounded vehicle. It must be current and not have a Mandatory Insurance “M/I” suspension on the plate.
4. Cash, money order or cashier’s check made out to the Camp Verde Marshal’s for $150.00. No other forms of payment will be accepted.
5. If you were required to have an ignition interlock device installed, you must have paperwork from the company showing it was installed on the vehicle which is currently impounded.
6. Rental car companies must provide the rental contract and letterhead authorizing their assigned employee to recover the vehicle on the company’s behalf. That employee must also provide credentials showing he/she works for the rental car company.
7. Lien Holders, refer to for required document information not listed above.
TOW COMPANY INFO/FEES
Please note: If your vehicle is unclaimed for more than ten (10) days after the 30 days has expired, under Arizona law the towing company may file a claim for an abandoned title and seek ownership of this vehicle on the 41st day of impound. If you will be delayed in getting your vehicle, please contact the towing company to make them aware you are not abandoning the vehicle