395 South Main Street
Camp Verde, Arizona 86322
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Phone: (928) 554-0814
Fax: (928) 554-0812
Finance Clerk – Accounts Payable
Finance Clerk – Payroll
Quick Link to Finance Documents
News & Updates
- The Town of Camp Verde has been awarded the Government Finance Officers Association Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for our FY16 budget document.
- The Town of Camp Verde has once again been awarded the Government Finance Officers Association Certificate of Achievement in Financial Reporting for our FY14 CAFR.
- As of July 1, 2015, Camp Verde will have a new “split” TPT rate for “single item retail prices” over $5,000. For those high dollar sales items, the Camp Verde tax rate will remain 3.65% (10% with State and County) for the first $5,000 of value, however the remaining value of the item over $5,000 will be taxed at 1% (7.35% with State & County). In other words, for individual items that cost more than $5,000 you will collect 10% TPT tax on the first $5,000 and only 7.35% on the remainder. An item/sale is determined to be a single item if no part of the sale COULD be sold separately but instead MUST be sold as a single unit with further detail determined by the Az. Dept. of Revenue. Please see the Finance Documents web site for the actual Ordinance language as well as an in-depth look at all Town financial related information.
- The Az. Dept. of Revenue is changing the way businesses complete their sales tax returns beginning January 1st, 2015. While the process will remain the same, with both form and online filing options, the classifications will change. There are now numerous “business class codes”. Business will need to select the correct code for their business type. For instance, Restaurants will no longer report sales under the code CE000 under retail sales but will now use code CE011 Restaurants & Bars. For a complete listing of the new codes see the State’s updated Business Code & Tax Rate Bridge for Camp Verde. You can also follow this link to the Model City Tax Code rate page. Once there, select the month in question for the appropriate tax rate. The State & County tax rates are listed first; scroll down to find Camp Verde’s tax rates.
The Finance Department’s mission is to administer the Town of Camp Verde’s financial affairs in a manner which comports with all Governmental Accounting and Auditing Standards; and to provide a broad array of financial services to the departments which make up the Town of Camp Verde’s service delivery system in the areas of accounting, budget development and execution, financial reporting and management, and payroll processing.
The Finance Department is responsible for all financial aspects of the Town. Some of these services include:
- Creating and monitoring the budget.
- Creating monthly financial reports to monitor department’s compliance with the budget.
- Maintaining the Town’s bank accounts and investments.
- Accounts payable.
- Assisting the auditing firm with the Town’s annual financial audit.
- Many other financial type duties.
The Finance Department exists to manage the funds provided to the Town through services provided and tax dollars.
Arizona Department of Revenue
Office of the Arizona State Treasurer
my Social Security